Saudi Arabia, occupying most of the Arabian Peninsula, is home to a vast mass of desert, ancient history, rich culture and a new young and modern society blooming. Progressive and world-leading strides make Saudi Arabia a treasure trove of global attractions, historical icons and a link to a time gone by. Part of Saudi Arabia’s special fusion of elements is its architectural and design industries. The recent focus of public interest is that of Art Deco Design, which has claimed the title of Best Luxury Interior Design Studio in Saudi Arabia 2021, awarded by the New York-based Luxury Lifestyle Awards.
Art Deco architecture is characterised by its use of glass, with the use of openings in walls and windows developed to allow light to enter and for decoration. Windows are framed with square, rectangular, or round pieces of glass. The window openings are punctured by decorative elements, such as leaves or even the decorative style of the window itself.
“Art Deco” is a style of the 1920s that is characterised by geometric forms arranged in a geometric fashion. It takes its name from the international exhibition held in Paris in 1925 at the Galerie d’Art Moderne (later the Museum of Modern Art). With this context in mind, Art Deco Design creates iconic designs, ranging from luxury residential homes to large-scale projects, commercial outlets and facades, all clearly expressing this timeless style.
Nabeeh Afarah, is the Executive Director of Art Deco Design responded to the announcement of their award saying ‘we strive daily to place our best and cutting-edge skillset to task. Receiving this award is of immense importance to the team and I, as a realisation of what you can achieve when you put your mind to it. I extend my gratitude to the Luxury Lifestyle Awards’.
Some interesting history and facts about Art Deco:
● Art Deco is a modern art movement that uses bold shapes, bright colours, geometric forms, and stylised representations of everyday objects. It was the result of a collaborative creative effort by many designers and artists from around the world.
● Other than architecture, Art Deco design is also applied in furniture, jewellery, clothing, and automobiles. Its distinctive geometric patterns are a defining feature of its style.
● The distinctive Art Deco style went out of fashion, but was revived in the late ’60s and have become an evergreen influence.
● Art Deco designs can be seen in posters and ads from this era. Fonts that were popular at the time often had an interesting design or a unique choice of typeface to make the text stand out. The typical Art Deco font style creates a balanced thickness and thinness between parts of letters.
● Classic art deco style was created with geometric, rectangular forms and ornate, curved elements.
● Art Deco architecture uses light-filled spaces in an elegant fashion. The windows are either square or round, and the walls feature punctured openings.
Their work is only carried out by experts within their field, and they place great importance on getting the work delivered on time. Transparent and fluid communication with their clients is also a key factor attributed to their success, so their clients are always fully informed of the project status at hand.
Contact Art Deco Design should you wish to develop something extraordinary, in this classic, and celebrated style.