The Bureau of the International Parliament for Tolerance and Peace (IPTP), held an urgent session on the 10th of June 2020. This session was attended by the President of the Global Council for Tolerance and Peace Mr Ahmad Aljarwan, the Speaker of the International Parliament for Tolerance and
Peace and the Heads of Committees of the IPTP, representing the seventy Parliamentarians ofthe IPTP.
The main outcome of the session was the issue of a Joint Statement of the International Parliament for Tolerance and Peace in support of the Egyptian Peace Initiative for Libya.
Based on IPTP mission to jointly tackle the issues which have a high impact on the international peace and security, we invite all the relevant stakeholders, our national parliaments and the international community to support the Egyptian Peace Initiative for Libya that
1. Proclaiming an immediate ceasefire in Libya;
2. Respecting the integrity and independence of Libya and withdrawing all foreign forces and fighters;
3. Returning to the peace negotiations under the auspices of the United Nations, which will
be concluded with a comprehensive political solution to end the Libyan crisis in line with the outcomes of the Berlin Conference;
4. Holding the presidential council elections under the supervision of the United Nations, and establishing constitutional provisions for organizing the elections for a later stage;
5. Supporting the appropriate Libyan national dialogue mechanism, with international efforts and assistance to strengthen local institutions.
This initiative, which has already gained the support of the key international organizations and states around the world, aimed to achieve the common national interest of the Libyan people by stopping the bloodshed in order to pave the way for building the independence and prosperity of all citizens of Libya.