Over the past decades, the UAE has been the most preferred destination for job seekers in a fertile environment with renewable job opportunities, and till today the UAE is still at the top of the list of job seekers outside their country
What tempts the large segment of professionals to move towards the Emirates in general and Dubai in particular is the luxurious lifestyle and the climate that has become more acceptable, as vital areas are strongly concentrated in both the capital Abu Dhabi and the Emirate of Dubai, and they are the most influential and dynamic employment centers in the world.
The United Arab Emirates, the southern region of the Arabian Gulf, has a gross domestic product of about $350 billion, making it a leading country among the largest economies in the world.
There is no doubt that oil is the main engine of economic growth in the UAE, where this industry dominates large sectors of the labor market in the country, however, the rest of the specialties are no less important and in demand, on top of which are the medical specialties.
The UAE pays great attention to the health care sector, believing that the health of its citizens and residents is a pillar that must be highlighted. This is evident in the large number of government hospitals in Dubai that employ the most skilled medical personnel.
But to work in the UAE as a doctor, pharmacist or nurse specialist, you must obtain a license and we must point out that there are three types of medical work licenses in the UAE:
The first type:
is a license specific to the Emirate of Dubai, which is the “Dubai Health Authority license”, commonly known as DHA.
The second type:
is a license for the Emirate of Abu Dhabi, which is the “Health Authority Abu Dhabi license”, commonly known as the HAAD.
The third type:
is the license of the Ministry of Health, and by obtaining this license, you can work in the rest of the five emirates, you can also work in some government hospitals affiliated with the Ministry of Health in Dubai and Abu Dhabi. This license is known as MOH or “Ministry of Health”.
In order to be able to practice medicine, doctors need to obtain a license to practice medical professions in the UAE, and in this article, we will explain how to issue the required license to practice medicine in the UAE from the Ministry of Health and Prevention.
Conditions for Practicing Medicine in the UAE
Doctors must fulfill some conditions in order to obtain a license to practice medicine in the UAE, which are:
- Two or more years of experience.
- No interruption of work for more than two years.
- A performance appraisal certificate valid for 5 years, provided that work is not interrupted.
- The availability of one registered nurse in the medical facility for every two doctors.
- Functional fitness certificate from the Preventive Medicine Department if the doctor is over 60 years old.
- A copy of the positive Dataflow report or in case of non-verification,
- Documents required to issue a license to practice medicine in the UAE.
The Required Documents
- Valid evaluation certificate.
- Certificates of recent experience from the employer.
- A certificate of good conduct or as it is known “criminal status investigation certificate”.
- A letter requesting a license from the facility.
- The job offers.
- List of doctors and technicians licensed to work in the facility.
- A copy of a valid passport.
- A recent personal photo with a white background.
- A valid copy of the residence permit.
- A valid copy of the Emirates ID card.
- The job contract.
- Business card.
- Medical Malpractice Insurance.
The Growing Demand for the Nursing Profession
Nursing skills are among the high-demand professions that you may want to start working on to increase your chances of being hired in the UAE:
Even before the Corona pandemic, there was a huge demand for trained nurses and medical professionals. Nowadays, this need has increased even more, and one of the most in-demand positions in the UAE is a registered nurse.
A person with a nursing degree and experience of caring for patients, providing basic life support, and managing patient safety (in most cases) will have a good chance of finding a well-paying job opportunity.
If you are working in the medical field or looking for a career transition to medicine, this is your chance as there are around 180 medical centers and schools in the UAE that offer certificates to allow students to practice their medical professions. These institutes stress on the existence of these courses because working in the medical field is extremely crucial; It can be one of the highest demanded jobs in the UAE.