The Ministry of Social Solidarity in Egypt will present activities and events carried out by the Minister of Social Solidarity, Nivine Al-Qabbage, and various sectors of the Ministry from 1 to April 8.
We review the highlights of the Ministry’s activities in the following report published by the official page of the Ministry of Social Solidarity on the social media platform “Facebook” through a video that monitors the highlights of those activities as follows:
Saturday, April 2
• As part of the observance of World Autism Awareness Day, the Ministry of Social Solidarity lights up its buildings in blue.
• The British Ambassador visits the activities of the “Waii” (meaning awareness) community development programme in Minya and praises the efforts of the Ministry of Solidarity in supporting community participation.
• The Fund for the Prevention and Treatment of Addiction signs a cooperation protocol with the Commander-in-Chief of Dubai Police to promote community awareness among the youth of the two countries about the risks of addiction and substance abuse.
Sunday, April 3
• The Minister of Solidarity meets with the Executive Director of the Belgian Kids’ Fund for Pediatric Research to promote cooperation in the care of unaccompanied infants and accelerate their sponsorship procedures.
• She also meets with Ms. Laure Marcel, Director of Terre des Hommes, Egypt, to cooperate in the field of community psychological support for children, persons with disabilities and refugees.
• Al- Qabbage participates in a video conference meeting at the meeting of the Ministerial Committee for Family Development to follow up on information activities to raise awareness and review the latest developments.
Monday, April 4
• Al- Qabbage witnesses the signing of a cooperation protocol between Solidarity and the EFG Hermes Foundation for Social Development for the reconstruction of 120 houses in Luxor governorate within the ” A Decent Life ” initiative and for the establishment of a sanitation plant.
• The signing of a memorandum of understanding between Nasser Social Bank and the Arab Academy of Administrative, Financial and Banking Sciences to promote education and training opportunities for the Bank’s employees and provide banking benefits to the Academy.
• She participates in a meeting chaired by the Prime Minister on the follow-up to the impact of the global crisis on strategic goods.
• The rescue of homeless citizens and their referral to social welfare institutions, including those suffering from psychiatric illnesses, is fast-tracked.
Tuesday, April 5
• The Minister of Solidarity holds a meeting with a number of officials of the Ministry to review the position of the automated system for monitoring results and managing information on the Ministry’s programmes and projects.
• As part of the Ministry’s efforts at equal educational opportunities, Qabbaj chaired the symposium “Quality Education Inclusive” in cooperation with the Egyptian Society for the Advancement of Persons with Disabilities and Autism.
• The Minister of Social Solidarity has stepped up efforts to attract homeless children and adults and protect them from the dangers of the street in the provinces of Cairo, Giza, Minya and East.
• The Ministers of Communications, Information Technology and Social Solidarity are considering completing the efforts to support the Ministry of Communications in the digital transformation of the Ministry of Solidarity and mechanizing all its programmes and operations.
Wednesday, April 6
• The Ministry of Solidarity has signed a cooperation protocol with Egypt to build and upgrade the competence of 1000 nurseries and 200 community schools in the villages of the National Project for the Development of Egyptian Countryside, “A Decent Life.”
• The Fund for the Control and Treatment of Addiction receives British University students within the Fund’s Resolve Centres to identify treatment and rehabilitation mechanisms for addiction patients in accordance with international standards.
Thursday, April 7
• Minister of Solidarity participates in the Ramses Girls’ School commemoration with the 2022 annual presentation of the Special Education Department in the presence of the Head of the Evangelical Community of Egypt and the Council of Educational Institutions in the Synod of the Nile.
• She would discuss with the Japanese Ambassador to Egypt ways of cooperating between the two countries in supporting civil society in the areas of early childhood support, equal educational opportunities and rehabilitation for persons with disabilities.
• Opening of the headquarters of the National Centre for Social and Criminal Research in Matrouh governorate and carrying out a number of cultural and awareness-raising activities in cooperation with official bodies and NGOs in the governorate.