Basmah Al-Mayman is one of the key players in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
She is a well-known media personality in Saudi Arabia. Plus, the Arab world at large, who has achieved success in a wide range of media domains.
Background and level of education
Basmah Al-Mayman is a Saudi woman who was born in 1985 in Jeddah. Her age is 38 years. She earned a bachelor’s degree in media from King Abdulaziz University in Jeddah, and she earned a master’s degree in the same field from the University of London in Britain.
Since she began her professional career in 2005, she has worked as a television broadcaster, social media personality, journalist, and programme presenter.
Basmah Al-Mayman’s Positions
The following are the key roles that Saudi Arabian journalist Basmah Al-Mayman occupied:
- She took over as the Middle East’s Director of Regional Administration.
- A member of the Foundation for Sustainable Tourism and Poverty Reduction’s board of directors.
- She became the Vice-Chairman of the group in charge of the finished project.
- Director of international committees and organisations at the Saudi Commission for Tourism and National Heritage.
- She was a corporate member of the Executive Council’s Programme and Budget Committee.
Listed as “13” of the top 100 influential businesswomen in the Middle East
A Forbes evaluation of the 100 most influential businesswomen in the Middle East placed Saudi Arabia’s Basmah Al-Mayman, Regional Director of the World Tourism Organisation, at number 13.
For Basmah Al-Mayman, this is her first time on the list of the 100 most influential businesswomen, and her debut place of 13th is a noteworthy accomplishment.